POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Summer scene WIP [112KB] : Re: Summer scene WIP [112KB] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Summer scene WIP [112KB]
From: Tom Melly
Date: 24 Jan 2003 09:37:29
Message: <3e314fa9@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in message

> That tree is just great and well-textured, it looks like one of these great
> Andrew Wyeth sycamore tree paintings.
> (best link I could find,
> sorry)http://www.cs.utk.edu/~plank/chppic/tmp/98.12.25/dec25008.jpg

http://www.gallery-ii.com/wyeth_pennsylvania_landscape.htm maybe? (nice - prior
to hunting, the only Wyeth I knew was Christina's World)

> ...but could you fix that sky? It must be the darkest summer sky I've ever
> seen, even in UK... I'm just looking at a reference photo and the blue is
> rgb <98,144,204>/255 while yours is an ominous rgb <97,97,123>/255. (it's a
> WIP, I know, I know)

<0.5,0.5,0.85> but with light 0.5 ;) - but I'll try your suggestion. At some
moment I'm going to play with volumetric clouds. I have some nice cloud code
around from old megapov, but I haven't worked out yet if it translates to 3.5 at
all.

I'm currently working on the grass and rock textures - and looking forward to
trying out the double/triple layered grass that others have played with - a
green layer, a dead layer and a 'straw' layer (i.e. a few high thin yellow
strands).